Friday, October 4, 2013

Healthier Inner Dialogue - Procrastination

I wish I could remember where I read this because I adore it.  When you are thinking of procrastinating:  
Just get your shit done.

Brief, to the point, bam.


Here are some other motivational quotes about procrastination that might help you get up and moving (from Brainy Quotes).

Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill.
― Christopher Parker

Procrastination is opportunity's assassin.
― Victor Kiam

Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder.
― Mason Cooley

Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.
― Wayne Gretzky

And maybe a couple funny ones to give you a giggle (from Goodreads):

Procrastinate now, don't put it off.
― Ellen DeGeneres

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.
― Mark Twain

I never put off till tomorrow what I can possibly do - the day after.
― Oscar Wilde

Do you have difficulty with putting things off? I don't as a rule but there are a few things that I always delay, like mailing a letter.  I cannot mail a letter in a timely fashion to save my life.  Do you have particular areas in your life that are worse than others?

2 comments:

Kei said...

I procrastinate over all kinds of things: replying to email, commenting, going through the whole photograph-edit-list procedure of putting new things on etsy, etc lol
Love the procrastination quotes you found, especially the last three!

Tina Bradley said...

I love Ellen's quote the most!!! Too funny! I find that if I don't want to do something, I'll ease into it by doing something else first--then, do whatever it is I'm putting off. That makes it a bit easier on me. :)