Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Healthier Inner Dialogue - Love Yourself

I don't know why it is so much easier to be unkind to ourselves than to be kind. Judgmental instead of understanding. Impatient instead of tolerant. Punishing instead of forgiving.

But it is.

It takes energy to be good to yourself, but you can't be completely happy without it. Your efforts don't have to be elaborate:

Start the day with an affirmation "I love myself unconditionally and accept myself as I am."source
Cut out any negative thoughts or comments.
Forgive yourself for past mistakes.
Take care of your body (eat well, get enough sleep, exercise).
Give yourself a treat every day (manicure, fudge, an extra long shower, could be anything).
Spend time with people who lift you up.

source
There are hundreds of different ways to be good to yourself. The key is to recognize that you deserve to be treated well, especially by your own hand. What's your favourite way to show yourself some love? I like some quiet time creating art.

3 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

I try to treat myself, somehow, daily. Today, I spent some time curled up with my cat & my journal (simultaneously). :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I think I am always too good to me! LOL! I just bought myself a new Roots purse ;o) It was 30% off, so I thought I deserved a treat ;o)

Paper And Ponder said...

I'm right there with you...quiet time for my own art.