Friday, April 26, 2013

The Bird is the Word

Gloria over at New End Studio suggested that every 4th Friday of the month we do a post based on a four-letter word. Gloria mentions that your creation can be anything,...art, a short story, a poem, a painting.  Whatever.  So, my four-letter word for this month is BIRD.

That's right,...the bird is the word (do you know that song? or the Family Guy episode?)  Check out this video if you don't.  You'll be sooooooo happy that this song is embedded into your brain.  :)




Okay, that really isn't my four-letter word contribution though.  I took a shot at a painting tutorial by Marc Charles.  Never mind that I love his accent and would listen to him read the dictionary, lol.  He does a great job taking you through the beginner silhouette painting instructions, makes it so easy.  Here is my first attempt:


I really had a lot of fun doing this.  Can anyone guess what I used to paint this on?  If you want to participate, head on over to Gloria's site.

New End Studio


10 comments:

Tina Bradley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Bradley said...

Love your bird, Terry! Bird is a great word for today. I heard a whole group of them singing outside my office window this morning--what a great way to start the day! :)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I have no idea what you painted that on, but I love it! I'm glad you're painting! Oh...and thanks for the song...arghhhhh!

Gloria said...

What a crazy song :0

I love the ruffly head on your bird, and it's so cute and chubby. Thanks for linking up and sharing!

Oh, I don't know what you painted on, it sort of looks like a ripped off book cover. Is this acrylic, watercolor, ink, ...?

Kei said...

I like the painting! :D

Have got that song stuck in my head now, damnit!

Mindy said...

Put a bird on it! I LOVE it! I don't know what you painted on either. I initially thought maybe fabric?

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

Your painting is gorgeous! I love it!

Magic Love Crow said...

I am laughing my head off with your video! LOL! Crazy girl! Your painting is fantastic!! A+++ Great painting for your first 4 letter word ;o) Is it on recycled cardboard? Maybe a pizza box? ;o)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Visiting from Gloria's 4! I love your chunky little bird! Such a cutie. I agree with Stacy and think it was done on some sort of recycled cardboard.

Macey said...

That's gorgeous!!!
What did you use???