Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Another Stack of Books

Look what the Amazon angels brought me.  Woohoo.



I still haven't finished the last stack, but you can never have too many books waiting in the wings, can you?  Maybe you can, but nothing beats that giddy feeling when you break open the box and pull out a pile of new adventures.

I picked out most of these books after reading Leonie Dawson's post "Top 10 Self Help Books".  I'll keep you posted on how I like them.

So far I have finished The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.  I loved the message of the four agreements and feel that they are truly life-changing.  It was an easy and fast read (I had it done in less than two days) but a little repetitive, so I ended up doing a bit of skimming here and there.
Amazon

Here are some of my favourite lines:

"Personal importance, or taking things personally, is the maximum expression of selfishness because we make the assumption that everything is about me."

"The problem with making assumptions is that we believe they are the truth."

"We make an assumption, we misunderstand, we take it personally, and we end up creating a whole big drama for nothing."

"If you always do your best there is no way you can judge yourself.  And if you don't judge yourself, there is no way you are going to suffer from guilt, blame, and self-punishment."

"If you break an agreement, begin again tomorrow, and again the next day."


I have started in on The Celestine Prophecy but am just a chapter in.  Has anyone read it?  I'm still working on The Forgotten Garden (loving it) and The 21-Day Conscious Cleanse (it's a tougher read for me but still liking it).  What are you reading?

6 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

Amazon angels--LOVE it! :) The Four Agreements is one of my all-time personal faves. I found it life changing in fact. :) Right now, I'm reading a book called "Yoga Chick: A Hip Guide to Everything OM." It's by Bess Gallanis--not bad so far!

Kei said...

Nice book selection! I think my parents have a few of those ^_^ Hope you enjoy all your reading :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I read The Celestine Prophecy awhile ago and I did enjoy it! I hope you like it Terry ;o)

Mindy said...

Man, you're gonna be all perfect and $%^@, and then you're not gonna wanna associate with a messed up chick like me anymore. Great.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

The Amazon Angels are good to you! I'm interested to know what it takes to become a Succulent Wild Woman!!!

Bess said...

Tina Bradley, Many thanks for the shout out about Yoga Chick. I hope to see you over on YC's Facebook page, too. The Amazon Angels were good to you, Terry. A great stack of books. Happy reading!!