Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Jump

I can't tell you how glad I am that today is Friday.  I know, I know, that's not a terribly original thought.  I'm just really feeling it this week.  This week's Five Minute Friday theme is 'jump'.  If you want to join in, head on over to Lisa-Jo Baker's site and get in on the fun.


Five Minute Friday

For now, no over-thinking, no backtracking, no editing.  Here goes:

GO

Funny but the first thing that came to my mind when I read this week's theme was that old Pointer sisters song, "Jump".  Jump, jump, for my love.  Are you all singing it now?  I should be sorry, but that kind of cracks me up.

Anyway, (I want to hit backspace, fought the urge),.....the temperature here has been jumping around.  The last two days have been super warm (70s) though today is full of wind and rain and muddy paws.  I'm trying to enjoy it because tomorrow we might have snow.  Yikes.  I don't know if this is global warming or what, but I don't remember having seasons like this when I was a kid.

We had winters that were vicious and piled high with snow but they started in December and ended in March.  Now, who knows.  It's April and I don't know what to plan to wear to my niece's first communion tomorrow.  Are snow pants appropriate? Okay, it's not that bad.

It just feels that bad sometimes.  I planted some cool weather seeds (kale, lettuce, spinach, chard) the other day and my mother-in-law laughed at me.  She is skeptical but the little seed packets said, "as soon as the ground can be worked".  Do you think the seed packet isn't aware that we are getting snow weeks after the soil has become workable?  I'm not sure.  I'll keep you posted on whether anything comes up or not.  I checked yesterday and did notice that there are some tiny little weedlings coming up.  Buggers.  

STOP

Hmmm,...not happy with this week's attempt but I'm going to abide by the rules and leave it up there.  Has anyone else been experiencing crazy weather and a spring that just won't come?  

Tomorrow, as I mentioned, we are going to my niece's first communion celebration and dropping Libby off at daycare for the first time.  I wonder if I'll be one of those doggie mommas in tears at the doorway?  Wish me luck.  What are you up to this weekend?

8 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Nice job! Sorry your winter is prolonged. I seem to remember that it was you who got me to try kale for the first time. Libby at daycare?! Let me know how that goes and enjoy your day out!

Tina Bradley said...

I hear we may get snow flurries here in NW Ohio tonight--so, I can relate to the weather ups & downs. I can also relate to leaving the "baby" with a sitter. ;)

Unknown said...

Loved your spontaneous FMF post Jump. Like you I found it a hard one to write and hard not to delete afterwards.... I saved mine for an hour or two before posting, just in case I decided it wasn't good enough... As I write this, I have relaised that by doing that I contradicted my post completely. Oh dear, I guess knowing I am accepted is a case of depending on the Beloved moment by moment :)

Mindy said...

Jump in!
I'm headed to a plant sale in the morning. Woot woot.
If the weeds are comin', that's a good sign, so I say be happy to see them. They know when it's safe to come out. :O)

Denise said...

Praying for you as you jump.

L. Hedgecock said...

I'm so glad other people are good at not editing. It is so tempting.

I liked your post just as it is.

Laura Hedgecock
http://www.TreasureChestofMemories.com
http://www.Twitter.com/LauraLHedgecock

Macey said...

What if I backspaced and nobody knew?? HUH?! LOL
I do have that song stuck in my head now.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey My friend ;o) I was singing! LOL! We've been having crazy weather too, but this week, it looks like sun!!! No more snow! I think you will do well with your vegetables ;o) Crossing fingers ;o) I hope your niece's first communion went well ;o) And, I also hope Libby did well ;o) You don't want to know, what I have been doing this weekend! Moving cement patio stones! I am still smiling ;o) Hugs ;o)