Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Here

Friday already.  Time for our frantic five minutes of writing.  No over-thinking, no editing, no backtracking (though you know I'm going to go back and fix typos - it's just who I am).  This week's theme is "Here".

If you want to join in, head on over to Lisa-Jo Baker's site:



 GO

The rain is cold and almost more of a mist.  I can feel Libby’s hot breath on my leg, hear her snort as she shifts position, burrowing her nose deeper into my thigh.  I have had to pee for some time but I can’t bear to move her or to lose this closeness.  She doesn’t cuddle as much now that she’s older, always on the go, and I miss her warmth.

Right now, I just want to be here, listening to the soft patter of the rain against the windows, watching her legs twitch, wondering if she’s chasing a cat or falling upon a littermate, wrestling the afternoon away.

I’ve forgotten how wild she was just an hour ago, racing through the house, a tornado of messes in her wake.  Crying cats and grumbling adults, tired of her grabbing their cuffs and forcing some play.  Forgotten how she grabbed up the bathroom rug, eyeing me the while, and then ripped out a big bite, laughing with her eyes as I scolded her.

Forgetting everything but how wonderful it feels to snuggle up, right here with my Little Miss Libby.

STOP



This weekend promises to remain coldish and rainy for us here so I'm thinking of heading over to doggie gym on Saturday morning.  Letting Little Miss burn off some energy.  On Sunday, I'll be enjoying the fabulous cooking of mom and Gary for my brother's birthday. Super win!!

What are you plans for this weekend? And if you're going to have some warmth or sunshine, please do share.  :)

13 comments:

Sue said...

I love that you snuggle with Libby and won't move even to go to the bathroom. I'm the same with my Mischa (a kitty). People who don't own pets don't get it. Loved the post. Have a fab weekend.

Tina Bradley said...

I'm in Btown headed off to a few of my favorite vintage and thrift shops! Then, we are headed to visit with some dears friends we haven't seen in ages! :) I'm just happy to have a day off!!! Have a great weekend! T.

~Maxine~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Maxine~ said...

Weather? Warm? Cold? I have no idea, I can't plan that far ahead. :) We just got through THE blizzard of the year (ha ha at least the weatherman thought it would be). My plans are to bead, bead, and bead some more, then go to a wedding.

Good job on your post. I have to go read some more. I love this 5 min friday thing just because I get to find new interesting blogs. :)

Steph Spencer said...

Hopping over from FMF.

I love the picture you paint with your words in this post. I feel like I am there on the couch with you.

And when we get it right, this is the gift of presence. To be fully where we are.

Denise said...

Such a cute post.

Anonymous said...

She looks young in the photo, like a pup. And sounds like a pup in her activity!

I missed the way our cat would cuddle - as she got older and more feeble, she kind of quit. We had to put her down in December - and I miss the "her" she use to be. Our Dog Dude? He has learned to be loving - but it's been a journey for him. Sometimes, he just blesses us with his dogginess.

It's warm here today - 80+ and sunny. My husband's been working on the lawnmower, chain saw and such - maybe now that the chain (I put on wrong) is on right - I'll finish working on the trees and cactus stuff in the front yard. Oh, and I MUST water the plant on the front porch!

Happy weekend!
Enjoyed your post and thinking about it all.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

She looks young in the photo, like a pup. And sounds like a pup in her activity!

I missed the way our cat would cuddle - as she got older and more feeble, she kind of quit. We had to put her down in December - and I miss the "her" she use to be. Our Dog Dude? He has learned to be loving - but it's been a journey for him. Sometimes, he just blesses us with his dogginess.

It's warm here today - 80+ and sunny. My husband's been working on the lawnmower, chain saw and such - maybe now that the chain (I put on wrong) is on right - I'll finish working on the trees and cactus stuff in the front yard. Oh, and I MUST water the plant on the front porch!

Happy weekend!
Enjoyed your post and thinking about it all.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

OOps. PS - love the hummingbird in the corner of your blog - just beautiful and really neat.

Mindy said...

Our dog can't get up in the bed anymore. She used to sleep there every night, so at 80+ pounds, it's kind of a good thing. But almost every morning, when The Dad gets up to take a shower, she gets up out of her bed, puts her muzzle on my side and whines. So I get up and help her back end up. Then she gets under the covers and she spoons behind my knees until I have to get up and get the kiddo ready for school. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. :o)

Magic Love Crow said...

This writing was so beautiful and touching! Love it Terry! Happy Birthday to your brother ;o) We are having a little get together with friends ;o) Mom is cooking up a storm, right now! Big Hugs ;o)

Unknown said...

Terry, this is beautiful! I love my dogs and I can see this picture of you and Libby together! :)

Gloria said...

This is lovely, you painted a beautiful picture with this theme. I used to not move either, he would snuggle with his nose behind my back or his head on my lap. It's wonderful to remember those moments.

Our weather went from 30's to 80's in the same week and then back to 40's at night. Hope you had a great weekend and Miss Libby had a good run at the gym. ♥