Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Adrianne's Trees

Do you remember the art journal that I started last week? I shared the cover with you here.  Well it has been the perfect answer to my fear of ruining things and my chronic frugality, ha ha.

I have finished 3 pieces already.  This is the first one.  It is modelled after Karrie on Canvas' trees tutorial.  She is amazing, so loose and free.  Her mantra is Brave and Bold.  Love her and her tutorials are really fun and helpful.




I used some crumply tissue paper that I gessoed (is that a verb?) to the page first to add some texture.  The rest is a combination of craft paint and student grade acrylics that my mother bought me when I was a teenager (who knew anything could last that long).

I put out a request for a title on facebook and got some great ideas.  In the end I thought I would name it for a dear friend who has a thing for trees.  What would you call it?


5 comments:

Mindy said...

Ooooh, that's awesome! What would I call it? Hmmmm.....I'm stumped. I got nothin'. But I still think it's super cool and would be SO cool framed.

Tina said...

OH I love it! What would I call it??? Autumn Splendor.
However, I like the idea of naming it after your friend.

Kei said...

That painting is lovely! It has the effect of emerging from a forest to a brilliant autumn sunset :)

Tina Bradley said...

This artwork draws me in and captivates me! Gorgeous--your friend should be honored to have this lovely piece named after her!!! Big hugs! T.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this Terry! For me, I would call your painting "Hope". I see a person walking out of the darkness into the light. Everything will be alright ;o) Hugs ;o)