Friday, December 27, 2013

Are You Ready for 2014?

I can hardly believe that nanowrimo and Christmas have both come and gone (and no, I did not win nanowrimo this year, boo). There is only a week left before 2014 rings in, and I feel like I still have so much to plan.

What about you?

I might not be ready yet, but I have a powerful feeling that 2014 is going to be a rockin' year. So, I really want to get my butt in gear and get ready.

This year, I am planning with 3 separate, fabulous, awesome tools.

1.  Leonie Dawson's Creating Your Amazing Year Workbook



I really wish that I would have bought the hard copy of this book. Instead, I ordered the digital version and had to print my own pages which were not as pretty as the print copy.

No matter though, the message is still here. I spent a lot of time going through the workbook, filling in my 100 Things To Do in 2014, creating my own personal affirmations, brainstorming, making lists, producing mottos, and a whole lot more.

I really felt like I was refining my vision for 2014 and honing my goals and dreams. I would definitely recommend this book. Leonie also has a business edition of the workbook available.

Did I mention that they are super reasonable? Just $9.95 each for digital version.

2.  Sage Grayson's From Lazy to Amazing

 

Sage Grayson (isn't that the most fabulous name?) sets out "5 easy ways to get off your butt and start kicking ass" in her ebook. She recommends creating a vision board (which I have done and posted on facebook). I used Pinterest to gather up my images and then used Picmonkey to create a collage that I could print out.  Next up: morning routines.

and lastly:

3. Kimberly Wilson's Tranquility du Jour Daybook



I have just started to fill in this daybook. It is a regular type calendar/planner but with so many cool touches added in. There are blank pages for brainstorming or collaging or whatever else you might like to do there, wheel of life pages for each season so you can monitor your life happiness in 8 areas, daily/weekly/monthly tranquility tools, important dates, book suggestions, and really so many more cool things. I just finished creating tabs for each month and some of the inspiration pages that I will want to refer to throughout the year.

Using a combination of all three of these resources, I am getting closer to that Rockin' 2014. What are your favourite organizational tools?

3 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

Looks like you are ready to rock 2014--no doubt! :) Happy 2014, Terry!!! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Magic Love Crow said...

Terry, with doing all of this, do you have time for anything else? LOL! Just teasing ;o)))These are all very powerful and great tools! I follow another blogger who uses Leonie Dawson's year workbook and loves it! What tools do I use? The moon ;o) Seriously, I do ;o) And, my mediation and something else I started to do. Dreams and songs from my dreams have been coming to me very strongly, so I have started to write things down. Very interesting! I am going to share more on my blog.
I got a very special card from you on friday!! Have to write to you!!
Big Hugs and here's to a great 2014 ;o)

Mindy said...

Wow, maybe I need a book. You're all kinds of prepared. My plan is to sit and do nothing for a few days. I feel like I've been going non-stop and I need a rest. And it isn't over yet. I've got my eye on Thursday. It's all over on Thursday. Oh wait, I still have to pack up Christmas stuff. Crap. Maybe by next Monday I can sit on my butt. Then my mind may be clear enough to make a plan.