Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Song

I ducked out of doing the five minute friday last week.  Just wasn't feeling it, but I'm back at this week, albeit feeling a little shy about it.  My mom mentioned to me this week that she had read my blog and I felt, well, shy.  Like I was more comfortable for strangers to read my stuff.  Weird huh.  Especially weird because she is truly my biggest cheerleader, always so incredibly supportive, and just all and all amazing.

So,....yeah.  :)

This week's theme is "Song".  Remember how it goes -- no over-thinking, no backtracking, no editing, write for five minutes.  If you want to play along head on over to Lisa-Jo Baker's blog and give it a go:

Five Minute Friday

GO

Have you heard that song "Brave" sung by Sara B. (yes, that means I can't remember her last name).  It is awesome.  Such an empowering message about what would happen if you were honest and brave.  I could listen to it over and over again.




And what a great message for our young kiddos to hear especially the ones who would be more apt to keep quiet and avoid their own voice.  It makes me feel more powerful, more confident.

It reminds me of a painter that I have recently found.  Her name is Karrie E. (yes, again) and she used to have a program called Karrie on Canvas.  She is an abstract painter and she does tutorials in a really fun and fresh way.  I'm going to take a stab at one this weekend (now that my brushes have arrived - woohoo).  Her mantra is Be bold and brave.  I love this.  She is a mom but is also this sassy wild woman, full of colour and energy.  Love her.  Another great inspiration.

Karrie Evanson's "Best Friends"

Where do you find inspiration? Anything interesting or compelling lately? Would love to hear about it.

STOP

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

Sara's a fave of mine, too! And, that artwork is so enchanting. It's amazing where inspiration can come from, isn't it? Yesterday, I got inspired by a flawed photo I took with my cell phone camera. :) T.

Gloria said...

Not weird at all! Glad she is a cheerleader, too. ♥

I heard something yesterday and it struck a chord, "Write your future." That can encompass many things, and is good food for thought.

I will look at Karrie's site, the vibrant colors are engaging. Love that.

Have a great weekend, and never heard that song, I am a teensy jealous as I used to be able to move like that. LOL

Magic Love Crow said...

Excellent writing my friend ;o) I agree with Gloria, not weird at all. It's like me with my art. I feel more comfortable for all of you seeing it, than my next door neighbor! LOL!
You know for me, I find inspiration anywhere ;o) It just comes ;o) Can't wait to see your abstract paintings ;o) Hope you're having a great long weekend ;o)

Loving Learning said...

Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me :)

Robin said...

I'm glad I am not the only one who forgets names. At least you remember the first name, right? Thanks for sharing the song and Karrie's blog too. Have a great Sunday.

Etcetorize said...

Love the song! What an inspiring video.

Anonymous said...

I love Sarah b!! Love the new song !