Monday, November 13, 2017

Starting Again - How to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing

I haven't been writing. At all. I can't even seem to make myself do morning pages. When I looked at my journal this morning, I had written the date and nothing more for the last three entries. And none of those dates were consecutive.

Nothing in the well.

I've read about artist's dates and purposely doing outside activities to replenish the source of creativity, but somehow, nothing is working.

Iv'e noticed something else though, when my writing seriously dried up, I had also stopped painting and playing in my studio. No art journalling, no art classes, nothing. Coincidence? I'm thinking not.

So, here's the plan. Every day for the next 30 days, I am going to wake up and paint something or draw something, and then I'm going to write. My thought is that by feeding my artist's spirit with the gift of creativity prior to writing, well, the muse will be pleased and she will help the words come forth.

In addition to this new practice, I plan on sharing some creativity resources with you, once a week, on Mondays. There are so many tips and philosophies on how to be more creative, I think we could all benefit from examining them more closely.

Are you having difficulties with your creative expression? Does this sound interesting? I would love it if you would join me. Tomorrow morning, I'll post the art on Facebook and then follow-up with the writing the following morning. Please feel free to post your art or writing pics on the Facebook page as you make it through.


2 comments:

Kei said...

Good luck with your 30 days of creativity! I find my creativity comes in waves--I'll be on a roll for months and then nothing! Guess my brain needs a break sometimes!

Magic Love Crow said...

Good to hear from you Terry!! Wishing you all the best! You can do it! Just don't force anything! Let it all flow! Big Hugs!