Friday, December 14, 2012

Change of Plans?

I have been finding it difficult to post lately (anybody else have, "no shit Sherlock" run through their head right then?), so I'm going to change things up a bit.

My dear friend Mindy of Rindy Mae fame does these fabulous posts of Random Thoughts and they are amazing.  I love them.  I look forward to them.  They always make me smile.

So, while Princess Libby is still in her 'demanding-all-of-my-time' phase, that's what I am going to do.  Random little thoughts. Or easy little posts.

For today, I'm borrowing a fabulous idea from Tina Bradley over at Tickled Pink and noting a few of my favourite things based on her list.  So here goes:

Favourite,......
Colour - blue (but this changes on occasion)
Song - Bubbly by Colbie Caillait
Cake - my mom's pina colada cake
Flower - lavender
Season - definitely fall (spring is too messy, summer is too hot, winter is a good second)
Holiday - hmmmm,...does Victoria Day count? (not big on holidays, too much aggravation, though the food is usually good, lol)
Comfort activity - eating! and maybe having a glass of wine.  Okay, definitely having a glass (or two?) of wine.
Style icon - um yeah, I have no style, so,...yeah
Book - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smity
Wine - any red from Kacaba Vineyards (okay, any red really, lol)
Scent - lavender
Guilty pleasure - Grey's Anatomy

Now it's your turn.  What are your favourites?

6 comments:

Macey said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is AWESOME.

Tina Bradley said...

Thanks for the mention! You've got me thinking wine, myself, right now... Think I'll grab a glass & get comfortable. :) Hugs! T.

Mindy said...

I'm feeling a little famous right now. And I clicked over to read what you linked to and it's funny to read my own randomness. It is literally just that. You can't plan these things. Just sit down and spew. It's good to purge your head, even if it makes you (me) sound like a raving lunatic. :o)

I think you should share the cake recipe.

I haven't read the book, so I'm adding it to my 'someday' list.

Wine really is the answer. Whatever the question.

We watch Grey's too. Love it.

I made your Piccata again tonight. It is officially my, what-the-hell-am-I-going-to-make-for-dinner, dinner. We had artichokes and yummy ciabatta rolls to go with it. Delicious.

Looking forward to more random spewing.

P.S. I need your address.

Gloria said...

A lot of eating and drinking on your list- a great way to go lol.

Color- blue, green, lilac (can't pick one)

Holiday- Easter of my childhood- new Spring clothes, flowers peeking through the grass, and last but not least- Easter baskets which means, chocolate. Of course, the real meaning of Easter is all tied up in these new beginnings and for that I'm grateful.

Magic Love Crow said...

You are so cute! I always say, post what you feel like. Lucky I paint a lot, or I wouldn't have nothing to say! LOL! I have never heard of a pina colada cake? That sounds yummy! For me, I like a simple vanilla cake with chocolate icing ;o) I like lemon cake too ;o) Well, I like to eat! LOL! I don't drink wine? Sorry! A good vodka and cranberry juice is great for me ;o) Take Care ;o)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Hmmmm...yes...share that recipe! Having the attention span of a gnat..all my thoughts are random!